I'm trying to get my head around the literary survey work set out here -
firstly a contemporary Review of the 'Man and Literature' book, along with
how the author slots Eliot into his theories.

Personally find it very odd that this writer (1914-1987) seeks to analyse
literary responses to 'Life' without ever mentioning the philosophy that
underpinned them, eg Hobbes v Rousseau etc. The author was an autodidact,
by the way; he was also, like Eliot, a committed Christian, following a
spell of agnosticism when younger, so I'm a bit flummoxed how he can claim
that his analyses aren't from a Christian perspective.
It was reading Eliot's early published poetry that motivated this guy to
become a poet himself, by the way, so his attitude to Eliot was aleays one
of reverence.