"....his conversion to Catholicism."

I hope not too pedantic to observe that this is not so. It was High Church
Anglicanism to which Eliot converted, and there's a fundamental difference,
mainly relating to that fellow in the Vatican, to whom Eliot was polite but
not exactly reverential.

Barry Spurr's recent book explains at length.

regards,

David
- who's off to Little Gidding Festival, Sunday: if anyone on here going
too, please do holler.