Drove Thursday evening to Young Conservation Area with Gary Bohn to look for chucks and whipps. Heard a Chuck-wills-widow calling in trees downstream from concrete bridge, east of parking lot. Heard second one south of trail as we walked back to parking lot. No Whip-poor-wills. We were escorted through area by legions of mosquitoes.

Jack Cowan
South St. Louis