Camped at Greer Crossing Campground.

A Swainson's Warbler was singing in the vegetation between the Greer Crossing picnic area and HWY 19 both Tuesday and Wednesday. I also heard, unexpectedly, a Swainson's Warbler along the Greer Spring Trail about 2/3 the way down to the spring (I couldn't make it all the way to the spring because there was just too much poison ivy hanging over the path closer to the spring). Early this morning, floating the Eleven Point between Greer and Turner's Mill I heard at least 3 Swainson's Warblers and about the same number of Hooded Warblers. Another special treat was seeing a Bald Eagle in adult plumage fly low just above the canoe. Of course, the area was full of the usual warblers that make the Eleven Point their summer home, especially the Cerulean Warblers.

The frog and toad songs along the banks of the Eleven Point at night was also amazing (and loud!).

Bob Bailey
St. Louis, MO