Today, I went to attend an event, where various artistes explained of the
science behind various circus acts, such as jugglers and fire-eaters. This
was  organized by Circus Flora (a 25-year-old organization in St.Louis that
promotes the circus), and the Academy of Science, St.Louis. This was at the
Centene Hall on Olive St.

 But before and after the event, I got in some fairly exciting birding,
too! I've written the narrative of the Red-tailed Hawk, on my Google album,
at

https://plus.google.com/photos/105920205321340683450/albums/5887583292380063713

If you click on "slideshow", the photos will appear in order, with the text
below the photos; the  Red-tailed Hawk, in downtown St.Louis..mobbed in
symphony!

The photos are at high zoom on my bridge camera, so don't look for any
quality images. But you will find an explanation of the subject title!

Red-tailed Hawks seem to have adapted very well to the urban environment,
and perhaps the increase of rodents in the urban milieu helps these
raptors?  I'd like some experts' opinions on this. My Nature guru. S.
Karthikeyan, ascribes the increase in the  numbers of the Barn Owl  in my
home city of Bangalore, India,  to the increasing rodent population.

Cheers, Deepa

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/