There is a pair of scissor tailed flycatchers right near the gate and shed at
Tucker Prairie. I am nearly certain they also have a nest in the tree right over
the gate and they get very agitated if you walk under the tree. I have never
seen a STFL nest though so I could be wrong about the location. I have,
however, seen lots of birds get mad when I go near their nest and these guys
are definitely acting defensive.

These guys are glorious and will give you great looks of them flycatching and
hanging out together on the fence and power lines. Bring your cameras for fab
pics! I attached 2 bad ones I took with my phone. One is a blurry one of the
nest.

Please don't park right at the gate but stay south of it or very well north. When I
pulled in today I parked right at the gate and they both perched on the power
lines over my head and flew around a bit, foraging and putting on a great show.
However, I realized later that they were doing this because I was keeping them
away from where they wanted to be near the nest.  Staying on the road and to
the south of the gate seems to be ok with them; going north of the gate on the
prairie side disturbs them.

Also, there is a black-billed cuckoo moving around from the large plum thicket to
the south of the "road" straight west of the shed. It moved south into the woody
draw. I think they are always there. This is the 3rd year I have seen one in this
area of the prairie.

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/