Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. LISTSERV 16.0 - GLOBAL-L Archives

Mark,

I was talking to a clinical psychologist yesterday who reminded me of Robert
Whitaker's work and it struck me that he is a candidate for your list. It is
also an interesting example of journalistic expertise that impacts on and
challenges the industry/university complex, in this case Big Pharma.

PL

Two of Robert Whitaker's books are among the most cited in the critical
psychiatry literature: Mad in America (2002), Anatomy of an Epidemic (2010).
He has received numerous awards, including a George Polk Award for medical
writing, and a National Association of Science Writers Award for best
magazine article. He was a finalist for a Pulitzer Prize in 1998.

Whitaker's work has alerted both the medical community and the general
public to the serious dangers of psychotropic medicines when used for
extended periods. He has become a standard reference for the facts.

Awards

.         1998 George Polk Award for Medical Writing

.         1998 National Association for Science Writers' Science in Society
Journalism Award for best magazine article

.         1999 finalist for the Pulitzer Prize for Public Service

.         2010 IRE award for best investigative journalism book of 2010