This is a question that came up at a session I facilitated at Techraking
last year and honestly, nobody had the perfect solution so much as a hack
of existing solutions.

For The Muckraker, we use shared folders in Evernote and Dropbox. I also
use the Clear to-do list app to manage my own workload

--
Lyra McKee
Investigative reporter

Farset Labs