I enjoyed a pair of Mississippi Kite in our Joplin backyard
this morning.  They copulated in a bare tree.  It just lasted
to the count of 3.  Size difference was obvious.
They may be nesting across the street, west, in the
 backyard.  They come from there a lot and
circle around over there.
Larry Herbert, Joplin, Jasper Co., MO.  certhiaATat.net  5-29-13.