I found a Scoter at Fellows Lake in Greene Countythis afternoon Observed with scope at quite a distance from dam from 4:00 - 4:30. Leaning toward Surf, but not committing yet. Charley Burwick digiscoped a few poor quality pictures that I posted on theGOAS Facebook page.
It is not a breeding plumage bird. At that distance, I did not observe a white lore or white in the wings. There are two white areas. most prominent one is behind the eye. Other is smaller andjust below theeye.
Any opinions?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201234944625813&set=o.350562234930&type=1&theater
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201234946545861&set=o.350562234930&type=1&theater
Greg Swick
Ozark, MO

--
Greg Swick, Co-Director
Green Leadership Academy for Diverse Ecosystems (GLADE)