I found a Scoter at Fellows Lake in Greene County this afternoon  Observed
with scope at quite a distance from dam from 4:00 - 4:30.  Leaning toward
Surf, but not committing yet.   Charley Burwick digiscoped a few poor
quality pictures that I posted on the GOAS Facebook page.
It is not a breeding plumage bird.  At that distance, I did not observe a
white lore or white in the wings.   There are two white areas. most
prominent one is behind the eye.  Other is smaller and just below the eye.
Any opinions?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201234944625813&set=o.350562234930&type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201234946545861&set=o.350562234930&type=1&theater

Greg Swick
Ozark, MO

--
*Greg Swick, Co-Director*
*Green Leadership Academy for Diverse Ecosystems (GLADE)*

ASM Spring Meeting: May 3-5 2013 in St. Joseph, MO