I went to hear some immortal words;
But everywhere I saw the birds.
I went to see Twelfth Night at Forest Park.
But it had not yet become dark.

In the trees of Shakespeare's Glen,
I saw a little Carolina Wren.
There was a pretty Northern Flicker,
Taking pity upon this clicker.

I looked up and saw two Mourning Doves
Sitting...and watching,...on a wire above.
A family of pretty Kildeer
Came quite near, without too much fear.

Robins and Starlings came to witness the sight
Of a rehearsal of Twelfth Night.
But the biggest fans of the famous Bard
Seemed to be the waddling Mallards!

Several of these ran up eagerly
And, along with  the audience, settled to see
A famous play...I'm sure its creator
Never imagined birds in his theatre!

I've put up some of the photos of the birds at the rehearsal of the play, at

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151481135758878.1073741888.587058877&type=3

They are the commonest birds imaginable...but they utterly delighted me! Where else can I get Art and Nature together like this, except Forest Park?

Cheers, Deepa.