The SLAS trip to Weldon Springs CA, St. Charles, MO, on Saturday was pleasantly cool but overcast. We heard thunder, but no rain fell. Lots of birds singing but not all could be seen by everyone. Still, it was a great group of 27 participants, including several experts along, and I think we all had a lovely time, even starting at 6:30 a.m.

Here is a mostly complete list:

Blue Grosbeak Trail (Weldon Spring CA):
Great Blue Heron
Great Egret
Canada Goose
Red-tailed Hawk
Ruby-throated Hummingbird
Alder Flycatcher
Gray Catbird
Brown Thrasher
Cedar Waxwing
White-eyed Vireo
Bell's Vireo
Warbling Vireo
Prairie Warbler
Yellow Warbler
Mourning Warbler
Common Yellowthroat
Yellow-breasted Chat
Blue Grosbeak
Indigo Bunting
Dickcissel
Eastern Towhee
Field Sparrow
Henslow's Sparrow
Red-winged Blackbird
Eastern Meadowlark
Orchard Oriole
American Goldfinch

Fallen Oaks Trail (Busch Wildlife CA) Pine Warbler was AWOL.
Yellow-bellied Flycatcher
Eastern Wood-Pewee
Wood Thrush
Kentucky Warbler

Weldon Spring Interpretive Center (behind Mount Doom)
Red-tailed Hawk
Scissor-tailed Flycatcher (a brief look by a few)
Prairie Warbler
Dickcissel
Eastern Meadowlark

Lost Valley (Weldon Spring CA):