Barb Duncan, Betty Richey, and I birded Columbia and North Jefferson
City Sunday and today.  We went to Garth Nature Area, Grindstone Nature
Area, and Eagle Bluffs in Columbia.  Between Grindstone and Garth we
managed to find resident warblers: Kentucky, common yellowthroat,
parula; both orioles; white-eyed and warbling vireos; yellow-billed
cuckoo. Eagle Bluffs gave us HENSLOW'S SPARROW and several BELL'S
VIREOS, and yellow warbler, both orioles, along with common
yellowthroats and warbling vireos.  Mokane Road in North Jefferson City
had a SCISSOR-TAILED FLYCATCHER, WESTERN KINGBIRDS, and a couple of
QUAIL, one flying in front of the car.

The following is a report on Valdez, Alaska and Prince William Sound.
DELETE if not interested.
Noteable species last week in those two areas that I had were bald
eagles, hermit thrushes, ravens, golden-crowned sparrows, mew gulls,
glaucous-winged gulls, Bonaparte's gulls, Black-legged kittewakes,
violet-green-swallow, Arctic terns, 75 marbled murrelets, 29 pigeon
guillemots, Oregon junco, loon species, cormorant species, 130
red-necked phalaropes, rock sandpiper.  Prince William Sound is a nice
place to tour with glaciers present and will also often afford on long
boat cruises looks at seals, sea lions, otters, porpoises, whales, and
mountain goats.

Jane Frazier
Jefferson City