Update:
Spent 3 fruitless hours at Grindstone.

Lessons learned(?) for the upteenth time:

1.  Directions that seem straightforward/simple are often not.
     a.  Which left?  Main trail or the narrow path?
     b.  How far?

2.  The space between what Paul hears and what I don't is the very essence of the cosmos.

3.  The rank honeysuckle, dogs, people and highway noise make Grindstone a less than optimum birding venue.

Bodacious birding to others who try for these birds.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO