I birded Hwy 79 locations from Hannibal to Old Monroe today. Highlights:
Ted Shanks CA - closed due to flood:( Had a Broad-winged Hawk near the
bluffs.
Clarence Cannon NWR - flooded. Some shorebirds in the field near the
entrance:
Short-billed Dowitcher - 6
Stil Sandpiper - 8
Wilson's Phalarope - 2
White-rumped Sandpiper - 6
Semipalmated Sandpiper - 12

B.K. Leach (Lincoln Co.)
Black-necked Stilts (Bittern Basin)
Mississipppi Kite - main unit

Keeteman Rd. (Lincoln Co.)
WHIMBREL - 13. I parked the car and heard several birds call in flight and
a flock of 12 landed right in front of me. Pretty cool!
Black tern - easily >400
RUDDY TURNSTONE- 4 - Thanks to David Becher
BLACK-BELLIED PLOVER - 8
SANDERLING - 15
Dunlin - 5
Stilt, Semipalmated, White-rumped, Pectoral, and Least Sandpipers
Semipalmated Plover - 3
Wilson's Phalarope - 4
Caspian tern - 3
Forster's tern - 1
Redhead - 3 - I am taking back my initial Canvasback report. After driving
around to Glacial Sand Rd. and looking in good light I was only able to
find 3 Redheads.
Ruddy ducks - 14
Little Blue Heron - 2
Snowy Egret - 2
White-faced Ibis - 1

Many Bobolinks, Grashopper Sparrows, couple Henslow's Sparrows and a
gazillion of Dickcissels on the way back to Kirksville.
Thanks to Josh U. for directions.
Awesome day!
--
Peter Kondrashov