9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Weldon Springs CA Visitor Center, St. Charles County
   The Scissor-tailed Flycatchers were easy to see today (after I missed them earlier
in the week).  Park at the visitor center on Highway 94 which is near the huge rock
pile known as Mt. Doom.  Walk the path until you reach the gravel road which goes
all the way around the rock pile.  Walk counter clock-wise around the pile until you
see a building on the back side.  The birds I think are building a nest on a power
pole next to the building.  They are gone quite a bit to the woods to the east so be
patient.

Weldon Springs CA Blue Grosbeak Trail
10:00 AM -11:00 AM
   The only new arrival that I could find was a Yellow-breasted Chat.  The Bell's
Vireo was singing it's head off further down the trail opposite the first lake along
the gravel road.  A Northern Parula which seemed a little out of place was also
singing along the gravel road.  The Orchard Oriole pair seemed to have set up a
territory near where the Bell's Vireo is located.
Dick Palmer
340 America Street
Foristell, MO 63348-1163