St. Louis Audubon is sponsoring a birding trip to Tower Grove Park on Saturday, May 11, at 7:30 am.

Tower Grove Park is an important birding area (IBA) and is known for its large variety of warblers in the Spring.  We will meet at the entrance to the Gaddy Bird Garden (directions below).  We will wander at "birding speed" around the garden and other areas of the park till around noon looking for warblers and other Spring migrants.

Please bring binoculars, your own water and snacks, and dress for the weather.  We will meet rain or shine unless it is pouring or there is dangerous weather.  All birders are invited, you do not have to be a member of St. Louis Audubon, and there is no fee.

Directions to TGP and the Gaddy Bird Garden:  From Hwy 44, go south on Kingshighway to Magnolia.  Turn left on Magnolia and proceed to the park entrance, on your right.  Turn into the park and make the first right onto Northwest Ave.  The entrance to the Gaddy Bird Garden will be about 1/2 mile on your right.

Pat Lueders, Trip Leader