I am housebound, taking care of a small baby, most of the time, so I just read all the mails about various locations with avid interest.

But the birds come home to delight me! I thought Kildeer needed water nearby, but Amy Witt of Forest Park Forever says they are opportunisitc, and I certainly enjoyed the opportunity the family gave me today, to watch them!

I have a question...Kildeer are so named because of their call, the Wiki tells me; but today, the calls between the mother and her chicks didn't sound like it at all. Do they have different vocalizations at different times?

http://deponti.livejournal.com/984492.html

Cheers, Deepa.