Hi birders,

I haven't been out getting the great migrants many of you have, but I did see a western kingbird on the west side of Jefferson City this weekend. It hangs out about a block east of Gerbes West on Industrial. My old office building was actually right there, and perhaps this very same kingbird is the one that got me started birding when it was defending its territory against its reflection in our kitchen door. I believe it's come back every year since.

In other kingbird news, an eastern kingbird is hawking off a tree outside my window, which makes a new species for my office list. I've seen them in the area before but usually a few lots down.

The fervor of the phoebe feeding going on outside makes me suspect the young ones have hatched, but I haven't been down to the carport to check.

Happy birding,
Amy J. Hoffman
Jefferson City
Cole County

ASM Spring Meeting: May 3-5 2013 in St. Joseph, MO