The adult male SURF SCOTER found by the Malone's yesterday at Riverlands Mig. Bird Sanctuary (St. Charles County) continued this afternoon.  My best photos from 300+ yards here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20194217@N04/8733670596/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20194217@N04/8732553841/in/photostream/

The bird was hanging out with 3 Ruddy Ducks and a single late Canvasback in Ellis Bay (across from Heron Pond).  This appears to be the 3rd latest spring Surf Scoter record.

I tried hard to turn at least 14 Forster's Terns into Commons, but they were all pretty clearly Forster's.  A single Black Tern, mabye 2, were also present.  Didn't stay too long in order to get back to Mother's Day activities.

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mothers out there.

Josh

Joshua Uffman
St. Louis County, MO
Missouri Bird Records:  www.showme-birds.com