I had plans to go to St Louis to Lost Valley, but an early call from work ended that.  So staying local, I made a trip to Columbia to the Forum Nature area and then about a half mile of the MKT trail.

A wise choice.  Although my warbler count was low the highlights were a pair of Canada Warblers and a female Golden-Winged Warbler on the MKT trail.  Not far from where a conservation area starts (I forget the name) and a link to a subdivision I turned around and as I did a Black-Billed Cuckoo flew and landed 20 yards away in the open for great looks.

I have never been here before so thanks to all of the Columbia birders that have posted about this site as it inspired me to go there!!

In the afternoon spent a couple hours at Eagle Bluffs.  Where did all of the water go?  Was there two weeks ago...  Anyway, with high winds and being the afternoon I focused on the shorebirds.  While watching shorebirds in the distribution channel two While-Faced Ibis flew in and landed for great looks.  Also a nice variety of shorebirds to go through.

Steve Griffaw
sgg.bluesfan@gmail.com
Jefferson City