Did a "big morning", birding from the Al Foster trail off of Old State rd in St Louis Co down river to the main section of Castlewood SP and several areas in between this morn

 Easily the birdiest day so far this spring.  Not only by number of species but also by individuals of the various species.

 Habitat is mainly oak/hickory upland and mature floodplain forest so kind restricted to what one can get

 Still really good morning for birding

 Highlights-
 -chuck-wills widows
 -where zombie rd(now called rock hollow trail) meets the Al Foster trail had a very cooperative hooded and golden wing warbler come in real close while at the same time a black-billed cuckoo was calling above me
  -3 singing mourning warblers at Castlewood SP(one was on the hillside right across from the office)

  Also of note the was that the  "high ridgeline" effect was definitely in play this morn.The ridgeline effect is where incoming migrating birds will often land along the highest areas first
 The bluffline up along the bluff trail at Castlewood SP was pretty insane this morn.In my own opinion I find that the ridgeline effect often blows away the more well known and more birded migrant traps like Tower Grove and Forest Parks when it comes to concentration of birds in a small area(grant it, the flat urban parks are easier to get to and bird)

  Hopefully tomorrow will prove just as birdy

-Mike Brady
Ballwin,MO