Mon evening ~ 6:30 I spotted an Olive-sided Flycatcher in Kennedy Forest.  The bird was perched at the tiptop of the tallest snag next to the "mitigation area do not disturb" pool on Govt Dr.  I'm only aware of 2 mitigation pools in KF, and this is not the one nearest the zoo but the one up Govt Dr. in the direction of Skinker.

A Northern Waterthrush was feeding along the edge of the gunky-looking pool, and a Northern Parula was feeding on flowers 2 ft above the pool's edge.  An American Kestrel zoomed in and briefly perched nearby.

Also in the area, Tennessee, Palm, Blackpoll and Kentucky Warblers, plus Ovenbird.

Mike Thelen
Univ City, StL Cnty, MO

ASM Spring Meeting: May 3-5 2013 in St. Joseph, MO