My brother Jerry Williams and his wife Margie Williams and I birded Weston Bend State Park this morning starting at 7:00 am.  We spent a little bit of time at the upper parking lot and then took more than 4 hours to get around the loop trail.

We had 19 species of warblers to include:

Golden-winged Warbler - 2
Magnolia Warbler - 1
Blackburnian Warbler - 1
Chestnut-sided Warbler - 2
Black-throated Green Warbler - 2
Yellow-breasted Chat - 1
Tennessee Warbler - 6
Nashville Warbler - 14
Kentucky Warbler - 15
American Redstart - a conservative 41
Northern Parula - 13
Ovenbird - 2
and others.  All of the above were seen well, except for the Chat which was calling from the east edge.

On the latter part of the loop trail, the east side closest to the highway, we encountered a short section of trail where we stayed for over an hour ticking off birds.  In that hour or less, in a 100 yard stretch of trail, we had Blackburnian, Black-and-white, Black-throated Green, Orange-crowned, Chestnut-sided, Kentucky, American Redstart, Scarlet Tanager, Red-breasted Nuthatch, Philadelphia Vireo and Yellow-throated Vireo.  This was as productive as I've ever seen that back stretch of trail, most likely because it was out of the wind.

Other birds of interest:

A flyover Mississippi Kite immediately after we entered the park and stopped by the entry station,
Broad-winged Hawk,
White-eyed Vireo - 5

Complete checklist is available at:

Dave Williams