I spent the day birding areas throughout Newton County.  I began by focusing
on woodland areas, starting at Bicentennial CA.  I enjoyed a very active
morning of both visible and audible birds with great looks at Chestnut-sided
Warblers, Magnolia Warblers, a striking Golden-winged Warbler, and a Cape May
Warbler high in the treetop.

Next, I headed to Fort Crowder CA and had more woodland species as well as
many grassland ones as well.  Blue-winged Warblers were "bee-buzzing" here
and there alongside several colorful Common Yellowthroats.  An active pair of
Loggerhead Shrikes were hunting in the morning sun and a Northern Bobwhite
soon began calling from a distant field.  Parking Lot 10 of Fort Crowder yielded
excellent looks at a Blackpoll Warbler and Least Flycatcher.

After Fort Crowder, I headed to some riparian environments along Shoal Creek
which included Cherry Corner, Allen Bridge, and Lime Kiln Accesses.
Prothonotary Warblers were in high numbers in each spot as well as Great
Egrets, Louisiana Waterthrushes, and Yellow-billed Cuckoos.  Just north of Allen
Bridge Access I had great views of about 45 Cattle Egrets flocking together in
a local farm field - one of the highlights of the day!

Near the end of the day, I picked up just a few shorebirds at the Tipton Ford
RV Park: Spotted and Least Sandpipers, Killdeer, and about 15 Sanderlings.  An
American Coot and Pied-billed Grebe were also swimming about as well.

Overall, my Newton County Big Day comprised a total of 110 species with only
a handful of missed species.  It was a fantastic day with lots of migrants and
plenty of sunshine - what more could you ask for?