9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Weldon Springs CA Visitor Center, St. Charles County
   The Scissor-tailed Flycatchers were easy to see today (after I  missed
them earlier
in the week).  Park at the visitor center on Highway 94 which is near  the
huge rock
pile known as Mt. Doom.  Walk the path until you reach the gravel road
which goes
all the way around the rock pile.  Walk counter clock-wise around the  pile
until you
see a building on the back side.  The birds I think are  building a nest on
a power
pole next to the building.  They are gone quite a bit to the  woods to the
east so be
patient.

Weldon Springs CA Blue Grosbeak Trail
10:00 AM -11:00 AM
   The only new arrival that I could find was a Yellow-breasted  Chat.  The
Bell's
Vireo was singing it's head off further down the trail opposite the first
lake along
the gravel road.  A Northern Parula which seemed a little out of place  was
also
singing along the gravel road.  The Orchard Oriole pair seemed to have  set
up a
territory near where the Bell's Vireo is located.
Dick Palmer
340  America Street
Foristell, MO  63348-1163

ASM Spring Meeting: May 3-5 2013 in St. Joseph, MO