Thanks to Jon King and Ed Raynor's report, I was able to easily re-find the Ruff at Bean Lake (Platte Co, MO).  It was still feeding when I left at 6:20p.

As previously described by Jon on KSBIRD-L, from Hwy. 45, turn west on the gravel road marked 'Bean Lake East Side Drive' (2.0 miles north of the TOWN of Iatan). Follow the gravel road about a half mile until you see a number of camper trailers in a 'park-like' setting on your right, then turn into the circle drive.  You'll have a nice view of extensive flats, and the Ruff is easy to pick out amongst the yellowlegs, phalaropes and Pectoral Sandpipers.  The bird appears to be an adult female.  There's a nice variety of shorebirds including Sanderling, Stilt, and Willets to name a few.

Chris Hobbs
Lenexa, KS

Sent by Chris Hobbs via iPhone