Although reduced visibility made most of the birds appear as silhouettes, I was
able to add three species at Bluff Woods Conservation Area for my 2013 Missouri
List. Louisiana Waterthrush, Yellow-billed Cuckoo and Great Crested Flycatcher.
Two Barred Owls were calling back and forth in the Interpretive Area and later
two Barred Owls were calling at the Lone Pine area of Bluff Woods. I don't know
if they were different than the first duo or if they were just following me
around!

Larry Lade
Saint Joseph, MO