Dear List

Hopefully this is not old hat to everyone.

I think to have poetry in the dramatic genre you have to have something besides a scene and a few words encased in quotation marks.

That said, I think the drama in TSE's poetry occurs in the reader's mind and not on the page.  TSE's poetry provides a kernel of an idea that blossoms in his reader's mind into a vignette that then approaches drama.

Much as in Pound's Imagism, TSE uses powerful metrical language to trigger dramatic sequences in his readers' minds.  To someone just reading the words and not letting his/her mind react to them, this results in a disjointed fractured often jumbled mass of individual poems and that, of course, was not what TSE intended.

Rick Seddon
Portales, NM