I just received a call from the work campers at Swan Lake NWR of a male GARGANEY Duck observed and videotaped late this evening. It was seen in flood waters just west of Sumner, on the north side of hwy 139 before you get to the Grand River. It was in the company of some Blue-winged Teal. Who knows if it will stay until morning, but I plan to be looking for it. There is MAJOR FLOODING all over the area, with many roads CLOSED. Anyone wanting to try for this bird should check the MODOT website to see which roads are passable.

Later,
Steve Kinder
Chillicothe, Livingston Co.