There are still Pine Siskins at the feeder.  Chipping Sparrows came in this morning.  I'd forgot how bright their crowns are.

June Newman
Carrollton, MO

On Apr 11, 2013, at 9:39 AM, Mike Doyen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Here it is April 11 and I have 11 Pine Siskin at my feeder here in Rolla as well as one beatiful Purple Finch in full breeding plumage. The Pine Siskin are also calling. I have been birding the Ozarks for over twenty years and I have never seen this before, in fact I have never seen a Pine Siskin after early March and never calling, very intersting to say the least.

Mike Doyen
Pablo Neruda.