Tower Grove Park was very birdy today and I spent less than two hours there.
I had a total of 24 species including eight new year birds for me, Here is what
I got today:
American Robin - a lot of them - everywhere
Northern Cardinal - 1 male and 1 female
Fox Sparrow - plentiful in the Wild Bird Gaddy
White-throated Sparrow
Winter Wren - 2 in Wild Bird Gaddy
Common Grackle
Song Sparrow - over 30
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker - 6
Eastern Phoebe - 3
Dark-eyed Juco - estmated to be about 40
Field Sparrow -1
Yellow-rumped Warbler - 1 male
Hermit Thrush - 4
Mourning Dove - 4
Downy Woodpecker - 1 female
Rudy-crowned Kinglet - 2
Red-winged Blackbird - 1 female and 1 male
American Goldfinch
Northern Flicker - at least 5
Blue Jay - 1
Golden-crowned Kinglet - 1 male in a bush near the restroom building
Chipping Sparrow - 2
House Finch
and starlings  - nobody care about starlings.

Good birding,
Jim Hickner