Following up on Friday's reports of an early Scissor-tailed Flycatcher near
Monett, I was surprised to find one in Clay County Saturday morning. For
those in the Liberty/north Kansas City area it was on the south side of NE
96th Street, between Shoal Creek Parkway and Flintlock Road opposite the
turn for the Benson Place subdivision.

I did a double-take as I didn't expect to find one, but there is little
doubt in my mind as I observed it on the barbed wire fencing bobbing in the
wind.

Good birding!

Steve Bingham
Kansas City, MO