There were 17 Trumpeter Swans on one of the large ponds at Poosey CA, NW Livingston Co. this morning. One had a yellow collar, but I could not discern the numbers. I was out in that area X-C Skiing - maybe- for the last time this Spring? - today - and also yesterday - on my Birthday- that rarely happens!  I had to bust through piles of Snow with the Jeep, both mornings where it had drifted across the Blacktop roads in the area.

This afternoon I ran down to Swan Lake NWR. No Swans left there, but nice variety of other Waterfowl, including good numbers of Common and Hooded Mergansers still there,and a few Red-breasted Mergs. and most other expected species. Still several thousand Snow Geese around also. Not much new other than several Tree Swallows flying around as Spring has been put on hold for awhile. A Western Meadowlark was singing once again south of the gate to the interior near the Hdqtrs.Found a few Brewer's Blackbirds in a flock of Redwings on east side of refuge, and single Greater Yellowlegs and Am. Pipit in private WRP wetland across the road.

Later,
Steve Kinder
Chillicothe, Livingston Co.