The great horned owl nest is active again this spring (if that's what we call this weather) in southern Barry county.  The nest is three miles south of Cassville on highway 112, then east (left) on FR2220 about 3/4's of a mile.  This road is on the north side of the Cassville Country Club.  Cross the bridge at the bottom of the hill, then look south, to your right, in a sycamore  about 100 yards from the road.   Close enough to see with binoculars, especially now while the leaves haven't come out.  Not sure how many chicks are in the nest.  All we could see was the head of one of the adults.

Jerry Williams
Republic, Greene County, Missouri