A Chris so correctly notes, their presence is not unusual, but their presence in the large numbers we are observing throughout the state is unusual, reflecting the effect of this invasion year with more than usual wintering Pine Siskins, Common Redpolls, and even one Evening Grosbeak.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO