I was watching a northern harrier flying over a cut corn field, when it
flushed about 50 small birds.  They kept circling around and I got to
see the white shoulder patch on one of the birds.  With the time of the
year and that one field mark I knew they were SMITH'S LONGSPUR.  I
could not hear them as they flew over, because of my hearing.  Their
behavior was diffently longspur.  I could not relocate them again, this
field was atleast 100 acres.

Frankie Cuculich
Brashear, Mo.
Adair Co.