Between 800 and 1,000 Greater White-fronted Greese, a dozen Snow Geese and two Ross's Geese at Heron Pond in Riverlands.  A half dozen Trumpeter Swans, and Redheads, Northern Pintails, Lesser Scaup, Canvasbacks, Northern Shovelers, Gadwall and Mallards also.
At Columbia Bottoms, at least 10,000 Snow Geese took flight about 11:30 a.m., circled several times and flew off to the east. Ten thousand may be conservative. I want to say 50,000, but there were so many birds swirling through the air, I couldn't begin to count them. From across the fields, it looked like a tornado of white and dark confetti had lifted off the ground. There were so many birds in the air it was hard to pick out individuals.

Jack Cowan
South St. Louis