Mike

Carrying binos on planes is no big deal.  Išve done it many times, but I
always use a back pack as my carryon and try to stow it in the overhead bin.
Išve even had two pairs of binos in the back pack and they just whisk thru
security, even overseas.   I have also carried my 65 mm Swarovski scope in
the back pack with only occasionally having to tell a screener what it is.
The tripod will then travel in regular checked luggage although I take
precautions to cover the head with plenty of clothing.

John Solodar
University City
St. Louis County, MO