Myrna Carlton and I were down to Swan Lake NWR yesterday to help with some habitat planning. I counted a new high of 80 Swans on Swan Lake pool. Most were too far out to see if there were any Tundras present.There were a good number of Hooded Mergansers, some Common Mergansers, Common Goldeneye, Ring-necked Ducks, Coots, and more ducks?, farther out. Canada, Snow, and White-fronted Geese flying over. We didn't make it over to Silver Lake, due to lack of time. Found 3 Savannah Sparrows along the refuge roads, and a Swamp Sparrow in town in Sumner! We also spotted a Merlin east of town.
 Our annual Grand River Audubon Waterfowl field trip, postponed from last week, has been rescheduled for this Saturday. Looking for a good variety of birds as more water should be opening back up by then.

Later,
Steve Kinder
Chillicothe, Livingston Co.