I'm an 'intermediate' birder that is decent in identification via visual
sightings, and poor in identification via song (but definitely studying to
get better!).  I'm at the point where it's frustrating to not be able to
identify shore birds and gulls/other sea birds, and planning a trip to TX
for spring migration.

The combination has made me realize it's about time I get a scope.  My 'bins
are Nikon and I'm pleased with their quality, were about $300.  What is a
good scope under $300?  Or, anyone have an old scope they're willing to sell?

Thanks for any advice!

~Sarah