I birded Busch CA yesterday afternoon and evening to find a location  for
American Woodcock.  I was surprised at how much snow remained on the  roads
throughout the CA.  There were over 60 American Crows together  at the Weldon
Springs/Katy Trail boat ramp.  Lake 33 had a large number of  ducks at the
western end including over 300+ Pintail, 50+  Ring-necked, 30+ Canvasback,
Scaup,  Gadwall, and Mallards.  At the eastern end there was a group of  over
30 Hooded Mergansers.  Beautiful Eastern  Bluebirds were coming down to the
water near the ducks.  Ducks  were in the air throughout the afternoon and
I could see ribbons of Snow Geese  towards the Chesterfield Valley area.

I found all of our missing White-throated Sparrows.   They were everywhere
in Busch, easily the most numerous sparrow  there.

At 6:15 pm there were 3-4 American Woodcock peeting and  demonstrating at
Blue Grosbeak Trail and finally a beautiful sunset!

Pat Lueders, Webster Groves, MO