Well, the birds I was waiting for did not put in an appearance (yet), but an unexpected surprise was an adult male COMMON REDPOLL in full breeding plumage! Great bird and it even stayed around for a few minutes and was keeping the PINE SISKINS at bay. Like, don't mess with me I'm hungry!

From: Larry Lade <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Fri, March 1, 2013 10:24:09 AM
Subject: Today at bird feeders, St. Joseph

We have had 18 species show up so far at our Saint Joseph, Missouri bird feeders.
Mourning Dove
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Downy Woodpecker
Blue Jay
Black-capped Chickadee
Red-breasted Nuthatch
White-breasted Nuthatch
Carolina Wren
American Robin
European Starling
Dark-eyed Junco
Northern Cardinal
Red-winged Blackbird
Common Grackle
House Finch
Pine Siskin
American Goldfinch
House Sparrow
* Still waiting for the Rock Pigeon, American Crow, Tufted Titmouse and (perhaps) the Brown Creeper.