Call for Papers: ROMANTIC RELATIONS

The 2013 meeting of the International Conference on Romanticism returns to metro Detroit and Oakland University (site of the 2008 meeting). In keeping with the spirit of the ICR, the conference organizers wish to focus on the cross-disciplinary and international aspects of Romanticism. This year's conference theme is "Romantic Relations," which we interpret  in its broadest context to include relations among, between, and across genres, national and racial boundaries, families, species.

Some possible topics include:  relations across genres, historical relations, relationships among the arts, relations in and among the sciences, romantic relationships, cross-national relations, familial relations, Romantic ethnic/cultural/race relations, colonial relations, the Romantic “Other,” interspecies relations, class and labor relations, etc. We invite papers and complete sessions.

Please visit the conference website at http://www.oakland.edu/icr2013

Please  send abstracts of 300 words by May 15 to Rob Anderson at [log in to unmask]

--
Christopher R. Clason
Professor of German