Thank you Frankie and Chris for your impression of id.  I would like to hear you talk about how you eliminated Brewer's.  I'm in no way advocating for Brewer's, and know it is much less likely than Rusty, but still would like to hear it eliminated.  I found a document prepared by our Missouri Bird Record Committee which is helpful.  http://writebirds.com/writebirds/Trimble_CBC_files/Brewer's%20Blackbird%20ID.pdf  I'm hoping to be able to look for the decurved impression of the beak.  Is the eyebrow a critical piece?
I got additional looks and observed a blue green sheen to the wings.  I was not able to see it (nor rule it out) on head.
June

On Feb 23, 2013, at 11:43 AM, Frankie Cuculich <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Sounds like a rusty.
Frankie

From: June Newman <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2013 11:29 AM
Subject: light-eyed blackbird

I'm seeing one small, light-eyed blackbird (near in size to the starlings) under my feeder.  Feathers on breast and back are very slightly edged with brown.  Wings are uniformly dark.  I can't characterize beak size, except much smaller and thinner than the grackles',  also at the feeder.   There is a very faint buffy supercillium, more obvious when viewing bird from above, when it lowers its head, than from the side.  It walks much like the grackles do, with a kind of "strut."  Its head moves back and forth, chicken-like.  It  hops animatedly away from the other ground foragers in a manner that appears nervous.

I welcome discussion about calling this bird either Brewer's or Rusty.

June Newman
Carrollton