The Sunday before last Barb Duncan and I went to Saline Valley Conservation Area. We missed the trumpeters that had been there just before but had a nice low flyover of a substantial flock of snow geese, some in blue morph. We also kept looking at those tree bordered fields on Saline Rd. for turkeys and Voila! there were 18 turkeys in one spot--every one I looked at was a male. We also heard a barred owl calling, a nice end to the day.
The last snow brought in a purple finch to my deck and this storm brought in a song sparrow to match some white-throateds, and a yellow-rumped warbler and Carolina wren were nice. Throwing the seed out on the snow seems to make for the biggest feeder!

Jane Frazier
Jeff City