Swamp Candle Birders will have an outing this Saturday, March 2 to see American Woodcocks in their courtship displays at Maintz Conservation Area.  We'll meet at 5 PM at the Cape Girardeau Conservation Nature Center and carpool to Maintz -- about a 30 minute drive.  We'll do a little birding till sunset, and then listen and watch for the woodcocks to start their show.  I've been seeing and hearing them all winter, and last night they were displaying in force, so I have high hopes for us to see and hear some on Saturday.  Everyone is welcome.

More information on this and other Swamp Candle trips at our Facebook page:  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Swamp-Candle-Birders/216133158416657

-Allen Gathman
Pochontas, MO