Swamp Candle Birders will have an outing this Saturday, March 2 to see
American Woodcocks in their courtship displays at Maintz Conservation
Area.  We'll meet at 5 PM at the Cape Girardeau Conservation Nature Center
and carpool to Maintz -- about a 30 minute drive.  We'll do a little
birding till sunset, and then listen and watch for the woodcocks to start
their show.  I've been seeing and hearing them all winter, and last night
they were displaying in force, so I have high hopes for us to see and hear
some on Saturday.  Everyone is welcome.

More information on this and other Swamp Candle trips at our Facebook
page:  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Swamp-Candle-Birders/216133158416657

-Allen Gathman
Pochontas, MO