Mobirders,

First of all, thanks to all who responded to my request for photos--the response was super! I was in a hurry when I sent this, so I should have included some more detail on what was needed. First of all, for those of you who are not members of the Audubon Society of Missouri (ASM), The Bluebird is the quarterly journal of ASM. I did not specifically need photographs of bluebirds, although good ones would be useful.

Also, high contrast photos are best, because we still print The Bluebird in black-and-white format. Birds against dark backgrounds may look great in color, but will reproduced poorly in black-and-white. Photos of Missouri birds are the typical goal, unless the photos are used to illustrate an article on birding elsewhere. If you send photos, brief information about location and date seen would be handy (oftentimes, if you have photos online, these are identified in your image description or gallery title).

Nonetheless, many of the photos sent, or access to photos, will be VERY useful for The Bluebird, and I now have more than enough to last for quite some time. I am constantly reminded what a great community of birders we have in MoBirds! Thanks again!

----Bill Eddleman, Cape Girardeau, Editor of The Bluebird